UPDATE Effective June 1, 2021
As some areas of the United States are lessening restrictions in public areas, so will Faith Lutheran Church. Below please find an update to our Covid-19 Response, effective June 1, 2021.
For the continued safety and health of our members, staff, and guests, the following will remain in effect:
- MASKS MUST STILL BE WORN INSIDE AND OUTSIDE AT LARGE, CLOSE GATHERINGS.
- CLEANING PROTOCOL REMAINS IN PLACE.
- Communion remains the same until PA reaches 70% vaccinated and we re-evaluate.
- Collection plate remains in back of church.
- No food at coffee hour.
- Paper bulletins remain the same.
- No passing of the peace or greeting at the door after worship.
We are happy to announce that Small Groups and Events can be reinstated with no RSVP:
- Included, but not limited to:
- Worship with no attendance limits
- Bells, Choir
- Sunday School
- Quilters, Bible Study
- COVID Facility Use Forms must still be filled out for use of the facilities OTHER THAN worship and regular meetings (forms available outside the church office).
- It will be the responsibility of the meeting/small group leader of these regular meetings to take attendance for contact tracing.
- If you are in a small group, masks may be removed if EVERYONE agrees. There are still people who cannot or will not get vaccinated.
Addition Notes Regarding In-Person Worship:
- No registration needed for Worship; however, pew books MUST be filled out each service and we will allow specific time in the service and make sure the books are passed down the aisle. Papers will be collected as before Covid and follow old procedure for recording attendance.
- Children may come up front for children’s sermon if parent allows.
- Processional and recessional with cross choir, elders and Pastor etc allowed.
- Acolytes old enough to wear masks welcomed to sit up front.
- Faith will continue to livestream Sunday 10:30 am Worship on YouTube
Again, as more positive data is released about the effectiveness of the vaccination, more of our COVID limitations will be lifted. This is a tough decision to make. Currently, there is not enough data to support the risks of vaccinated unmasked people around unmasked unvaccinated people. I don’t think we want to stand at the door, check vaccination papers and tell people who must wear a mask.
If you have any ideas, comments, recommendations, please direct them to:
Brenda Cavella, Chair, COVID–19 Task Force
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Romans 12:12
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Ephesians 4:2
But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently. Romans 8:25
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9
UPDATE July 7, 2020
CALL TO WORSHIP
Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,
Amid all the gloomy news we have been enduring these past several months we have some very good news. We are pleased to announce we will resume gathering for worship on Sunday July 12th.
When we come together for services on that Sunday, there will be modifications to the order of worship, but the liturgy of Word and Sacrament will be the same.
Attendance at each service limited to 35 persons in the pavilion and 45 in the church. Advance reservations will be necessary for each person coming to worship. Reservations can be made online via Realm or by phone to the church office at 610-253-1625.
Much of our building will remain off limits and entering the building will be done by the front door only.
Offerings will not be collected during the services but may be placed in the plate near the sanctuary entrance or by using Realm.
Communion will be offered at both services for those that feel comfortable receiving the Lord’s Supper. Individual settings (as shown in the pictures) will be distributed to the congregants while they remain seated. The settings are prepackaged and are disposable so that handling is kept to a minimum. Gluten free and juice options are available upon request, but please notify an elder before service.
Let us rejoice that we now have opportunity to gather together in the presence of God through His Word and Sacraments for receiving His divine gifts of forgiveness, life, and salvation! Though the earth be in turmoil in many diverse ways, our Lord remains the same, yesterday, today, and forever! Let us rejoice and be glad in Him!
BEGINNING SUNDAY, JULY 12
9 AM – Pavilion Weather Permitting
- Outdoor worship with singing and Communion
- Pavilion seating for 35
- Grass (bring a chair or blanket)
- In your car
10:30 AM – Indoors
- Indoor worship with no singing and Communion
- Pew seating for 45
- Elders will be seating the congregants from the front of the church and working our way to the back; social distant seating in pews
10:30 AM – Live Stream
- Visit our YouTube page to find the live stream link
- Stay at home if you are ill
- Face covering required
- Disinfect as you enter the church or pavilion
- No social gathering in the church
- 2 people in a restroom at a time
UPDATE July 5, 2020
Below please find a video from our Council President, Eric Himmelwright. The video can also be viewed on YouTube.
UPDATE June 16, 2020
As we move into summer, Faith Lutheran Church is actively planning for the months ahead. Our goal is to be able to resume worshipping in person soon, so long as it is safe to do so.
We recognize the uncertainty so many are feeling and the longing to return to routines. As we have entered the yellow phase in our area, there continues to be restrictions based on the Governor’s evolving guidance. We have Key Principles to follow:
- Safeguarding the health of our congregation, staff, and children. We will follow guidance from the CDC to ensure that we can worship and work safely.
- Creativity and flexibility. We need to use a creative mindset that begins by asking “how might we complete various practices?” and acknowledge that practices may change daily and weekly.
- Communication. Any path forward we pursue must involve communication with worship leaders, Pastor, Elders, staff, council, and, of course, our congregation.
In the coming weeks, we will slowly open the church for cleaning, various group meetings and maintenance. To safeguard our building and the people, leaders must fill out forms before events are scheduled. The sooner you submit the form, the greater the likelihood of space being available. Attached is a request form for anyone who wants to host a meeting in the church building.
Our hope is the church will open, with restrictions, in July. It is important to remember we do not control the public health or the decisions made by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Yet much is in our control: creative modifications to the practices of our church and adaptions of our physical space that safeguard health.
We have been blessed as God has defended us during the last few months as we have followed guidelines intended for our safety. In the process we have been blessed with the opportunity to develop the use of technology that will aid our ministry and proclamation moving forward. As we work to transition back to in-person worship we take the words of St. Paul to heart: “Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think about such things.” (Philippians 4:4-8)
He who calls us is faithful, and He will remain faithful through the end of the age.
Eric Himmelwright, Brenda Cavella and Pastor Crume
Task Force Team Leaders
UPDATE April 23, 2020
Faith Lutheran Church continues to adhere to government guidelines regarding COVID-19. The facility will remain closed and all functions held at the church will continue to be cancelled until further notice.
Although the church is closed, we are still available! We are monitoring both our church office email and voicemails. Email email@example.com or call the church and leave a message for the Office Administrator at 610-253-1625 x201. We will do our best to continue to serve our members and community with spiritual needs during this unprecedented time.
If you have not already visited our YouTube Channel, visit today! Videos include Sunday Worship Services including Easter Service and Lent Services, Pastor Crume’s bible study on Philippians and Peter, and Kid’s Messages with Alex. You can also visit, like and follow our Facebook page where we you can find notices of new videos posted to YouTube.
This past Sunday (April 19, 2020) we held a Special Voter’s Meeting and had the highest attendance at a Voter’s meeting within the past two years! We are encouraged by this and are working on more ways to stay connected during this time. Please stay tuned!
“It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; He will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed ” Deuteronomy 31:8
Eric Himmelwright and Brenda Cavella
Task Force Team Leaders
UPDATE March 16, 2020
Thanks to our Faith family for your continued dedication and flexibility as we navigate the rapidly evolving situation regarding COVID-19.
To continue our efforts to keep everyone healthy, we continue to modify our processes. In light of today’s announcements from our government officials, Faith Lutheran Church has canceled all functions held at the church and the Church will be closed until further notice.
We are working on ways that we can support our members and community during this time and will be sharing them with you as more information becomes available. Please check out our website (faithlcms.com) to stay up to date!
We believe these ongoing adjustments are essential for our community and hope that in short order, we can be back to Faith Lutheran Church as usual.
Eric Himmelwright and Brenda Cavella
Task Force Team Leaders
Faith Lutheran YouTube Channel – Worship Services, Bible Study, Kids Message, and More!